Repairing drywall tape peeling on covered porch

I've got a covered porch with a ceiling I will be re-painting this spring. However in several spots the drywall tape has either bubbled up or started to peel back.
Is there a fairly simple technique to fix this that won't look bad when repainted?
TIA
I'm not an expert, but what I've done is cut the peeling or bubbling tape, retape, and then remud.

JK wrote:

That is as expert as it gets.

DesignGuy wrote:

Cutting back and retaping as others have said is standard. More to the point - why is the tape failing? In exterior applications fiberglass mesh tape and setting-type joint compound are mandatory in my opinion.
scribbled this interesting note:

If it is sheetrock, why was it used in an exterior application?