Repairing drywall tape peeling on covered porch

That is as expert as it gets.

Reply to
G Henslee

Cutting back and retaping as others have said is standard. More to the point - why is the tape failing? In exterior applications fiberglass mesh tape and setting-type joint compound are mandatory in my opinion.

RicodJour

On 4 Apr 2005 15:16:47 -0700, "RicodJour" scribbled this interesting note:

If it is sheetrock, why was it used in an exterior application?

John Willis

I've got a covered porch with a ceiling I will be re-painting this spring. However in several spots the drywall tape has either bubbled up or started to peel back.

Is there a fairly simple technique to fix this that won't look bad when repainted?

TIA

Reply to
DesignGuy