Repairing Door Frame - how much to charge?

Someone across town has contacted me to repair this door frame for them.

Please see photo.

I think I can handle it, but I wonder what would be a fair price to charge (I live in the Denver area)?

thanks,

Will

Reply to
reg

Charge time and materials.

Reply to
hrhofmann

If you simply glue and screw the split jamb, charge them for an hour.

If you replace the jamb (which would be the highest quality repair), time + materials. The casing looks to be ok.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Friend? Stranger? Relative? $65 an hour is a pretty fair rate. OTOH, sometimes a freebie ends up with better benefits. Especially if it is someone that bakes a mean pie.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Whatever you charge, add a little for hazardous duty pay.

A kicked in door could mean you are walking into a bad situation.

Reply to
DerbyDad03