Repairing brick facade

The brick facade of my ranch style home has some minor holes in the mortar. The wall faces north and the home is 20 years old. I would like to take care of this before it becomes a real problem. In my previous home I had the chimney repointed and the mason then sealed it with Thompson's waterseal. Should I be considering this? Can I repair the small gaps / holes in the mortar myself or will I be better off hiring a mason? I don't mind paying for a mason if needed but they are hard to get for these smaller jobs so I'd really like to try fixing this myself if advisable. Thanks for the help!

If the holes are down near the bottom of the walls, or just above windows etc you should not plug them up as these are weeping holes designed to release moisture that gets through the brick.
Peter H
The sand and mortar mix needs to match or it will look like crap. Plus don't fill weep holes. Sealant is bad for a properly built brick wall unfortunately there are very few around.

new england gal Wrote:

bag) are all you really need. Tom
--
tomeshew