Repairing BB Hole in Window

Attach a syringe needle to a tube from a tank of argon. Stick it in the hole, and turn on the argon to flush air and moisture from the window. Then seal the hole with epoxy and/or clear tape.

Of course, I've never tried this.

Reply to
Bob F

=EF=BF=BDIt's

=BDI'm looking

gee i took my picture window assembly into pittsburgh window and door, its about 4 by 5 feet and cost 80 bucks. they disassembed and reassembled the frame. in by 8am out by 3pm

attemting to fix such a window by patching is a grand waste of time and energy, besides wasting money

Reply to
hallerb

Find the asshole that shot the window. Point a high powered rifle or shotgun at his head. Take his wallet, checkbook and credit cards. Use them to buy a new window.

Reply to
noidexter

I disagree :-)

The next COLD day would work better.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

I guess, but cold dry days are rare around here, at least outside the envelope of the house.

-- aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

That is for laminated glass only.

BTW, you can buy a cheapo one shot version at an auto parts store for about $10.00.

Reply to
Ron

Correct, and chances are it is ruined because of the moisture that it has already been exposed to. Sealing the hole by whatever means is just gonna lead to fogging/condensation down the road.

Reply to
Ron

Flushing the window with dry air can also dry out (regenerate) the desiccant, if it's done slowly with a $5 aquarium air pump and a $5 timer.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

No the real way to fix this is have the window shipped to orbit on the shuttle, NASA desperate for $$ now offeres this. Astronauts on ISS repair the window in orbit with the special military grade clear epoxy normally used to repair shuttle windows in orbit, Then they take it to hubble to make sure its optically clear return to earth and reinstall.

with total cost of half a million bucks:) you can afford to bulldoze your home and replace with a brand new one:)

geez or spend less thaN A 100 BUCKS FOR A NEW GLASS.

there are companies that come right to your home, do dirty hands necessaryt

Reply to
hallerb

OK, if you say so.

Reply to
Ron

gee i took my picture window assembly into pittsburgh window and door, its about 4 by 5 feet and cost 80 bucks. they disassembed and reassembled the frame. in by 8am out by 3pm

attemting to fix such a window by patching is a grand waste of time and energy, besides wasting money

********************************************************************************8

Oh come on! Anyone can do that.

Reply to
Bob F

********************************************************************************8

Melt some blow glass and fill the hole with a putty knife.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

Hi there... the correct term is "in.of mercury" for vacuum pressure not psi .

Reply to
mpbourgeois

L@@K at the date ^

Reply to
philo

theres a local pittsburgh company, pittsburgh window and door. i have used them repeatedly

i talk with them and bring the window and sash on the apprroved day in the AM

pick it up after 3 pm. includes a multi year warranty, and cheap too

Reply to
bob haller

replying to Bob F, Marcia fasnacht wrote: I have a single pane window with a BB hole in it! Can I treat it with epoxy also?

Reply to
Marcia fasnacht

Marcia-

Ideally you would replace the pane. You might check with a company that repairs automobile windshields, and see if their process would work on your window.

If you are willing to accept a visible repair, Epoxy might work. I would prefer Silicone Rubber Glue or Sealant. Whichever, I would make sure there was more than enough to fill the hole. After it cured I would slice off the excess with a razor blade.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

Better to get a clear UV cure resin. It doesn't yellow like most epoxy resins do.

Reply to
clare

Kafuter (and several other suppliers) make a crystal clear UV Cure resin that works real well for that kind of repair

Reply to
clare

replying to clare, an angel wrote: Thanks, I too will try that ; no point in replacement yet, evil is everywhere and I am in the middle of it here. We don't have a black vs. white issue, but sin in all trying to find its way out. Some people have bad attitudes and control issues, get these straightened up and we could have a good America again. People perish for lack of knowledge.

Reply to
an angel