Repairing a Xantrex 600HD Powerpack--The Tricky Handle

My battery is pretty well shot, but when I contacted Xantrex tech last week, the tech said it could be taken apart. It's all in a nice orange enclosure with a handle, light, radio, and so on. He said the tricky part is getting the handle separated. I took it to a battery shop in town, and indeed they were stumped by the handle problem, but didn't force it.
Has anyone here had experience doing this?
On Monday, March 7, 2011 6:02:51 PM UTC-8, W. eWatson wrote:

I just replaced a battery in one two weeks ago. I wrote up some instructions and took step-by-step pictures too. The handle part is easy once you see how it goes. I even included several battery cross reference numbers too. It's all posted at this forum:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t (4264
You might have to become a forum member to see the pictures though.