Repairing a small crack i

Abacus:

A > I have a small crack in our poured concrete basement. It is seeping A > water, but it's close to our sump pump and the water leakage is not a A > problem - yet. However, I am concerned that if I don't get it A > repaired before winter, water will freeze in it, causing the crack to A > enlarge.

There are 'soupier' mixes of concrete patch -- available in a cartridge for a caulking gun. The thinner version would probably penetrate into the hairline crack better than the standard thickness.

Another option would be the stuff that gets painted on walls. Can't recall the name of it but some hardware stores have a display of a cement block with half painted with this stuff (it's white) with water running. The unpainted side seeps. Not sure how this stuff holds up on a floor though. (Works fine on walls -- painted my workshop area in the basement maybe 10 years ago.)

* 1971: KEG 2001: EKG
Reply to
barry martin

Your lucky it worked. Putting paint on the inside of a wall usually does not work. Putting anything into the crack in the floor will be cosmetic and probably will not stop the water.

Reply to
SQLit