Repairing a Gouge In T1-11 Exterior Siding: What Product To Use ?

Automobile bondo. rough up the dent with 36g sand paper

Reply to
m Ransley

Hello:

Regarding the repair of a house that has T1-11 exterior siding (located in the Northeast):

The siding has a few "gouges" that I would like to smooth over with some kind of (I'll use the word loosely) "spackle".

Not too sure what product to use.

What would be good as regards weather resistance (it's an outside surface, and it gets real cold and snowy up here)) and can be painted, and hold the paint, well ?

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Bondo

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

You can use all sorts of putty like stuff, Bondo, Rock Hard water putty, etc. But if you want to do a real job, carve a piece of wood to fit the gouge and glue it with a waterproof glue. Cedar would be a good wood and easy to carve, and you should be able to find a shingle or a cedar fence board.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon