Repair wall or driveway?

I have wooden landscaping ties retaining the lawn and an asphalt driveway. The landscaping ties and driveway meet at 90 degrees. Both need repairs. What should I repair first? Thank you.

Whichever one was there first. Does bottom tie sit on asphalt, or does asphalt butt up to side of first tie course? Just a guess w/o seeing it, but I'll bet you have a drainage problem and bottom tie is always wet. Tie should sit on gravel, IMHO.
aem sends....