Repair vinyl siding corner post

Detached garage facing the alley behind my house. Every once in a while some silly vandalism gets per-per-trated-ed back there.

Some weeks ago I find a hole in one of the outside corner posts, maybe a foot above grade. Looks like someone fired a 50 cal. mini-ball thru it except it's blistered around the hole edges. Like someone maybe rammed something thru it and then forced it back out, bending the edges out a good deal.

Before I noticed the blistering I actually cut a 90 degree scrap and tested PVC glue (which held OK) in the workshop. The blistering prevents it from fitting flush so I can't use it (as is).

Any ideas?

Thx, P

Puddin' Man

Without seeing it, it's hard to tell but you could try sanding the "blistering" down before applying the patch.

Reply to
krw

Take a razor knife and cut off the raised "blistering" so the patch fits flush. Or hit it with a belt grinder - carefull you don't melt what is left.

Reply to
clare

Not soft enough to cut with knife or razor.

I had the belt sander ready, but ...

Tiny abrasive wheel on a Dremel worked reasonably well. Belt sander would've made a mess.

Puddin' Man