Repair Underground PE Split

Hi,

we have what I think is PE tubing running from the house to a spring several hundred yards up a hill. The pipe is black and buried down around 3 feet deep and has a diameter of .830". It has recently developed a split on the top side of the pipe and I was curious if anyone knew of a way to repair this without cutting the pipe? Shutting down the water at the spring would be a major undertaking so if there was a way to put something over it and maybe clamp it up with stainless hose clamps then that would be preferred to cutting it and using something like the barbed couplers.

Any ideas? I appreciate any insight ...

JL

Reply to
jslarose