repair under sink plumbing, help

I removed the water conditioner from under the sink. To connect the water back up to go to the refrigerator's ice maker requires a coupler between 1/4" plastic pipe and 3/8". The plumbing supply store recommended metal fittings that don't seem to fit as they are tapered and the compression fitting just doesn't seal. Thanks for any ideas. I'm starting to think that the plumbers don't like plastic tubes/pipes and aren't willing to help fix something that takes work away from them.

Reply to
Not so quick

I am not sure what your problem is, but taking a guess, let me say that compression fittings are a real pain if you don't have the "feel" for them. A little too loose or a little too tight and they leak. Get it just right and they are fine.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Am I crazy to think that the plastic fittings don't have a taper and the brass ones do?

Reply to
Not so quick

"Not so quick" wrote

It sounds as if they gave you flared fittings. Usually they are used for gas/fuel lines and soft drawn copper tubing, not plastic.

Most hardware departments etc. won't have what you need. Any water treatment dealer can fix you up. Some plumbing supply houses may be able to if they sell water treatment stuff like undercounter filters and ROs.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Reply to
Gary Slusser