Repair tile flooring

Hi Folks, I have an old vinyl tile floor (maybe 40+ years old) and looking for the best way to replace it.

I'm thinking on using floor leveler to fill any voids then putting down 1/4 lunan for a smooth surface. Using ring nails to secure. Then laying out my pattern with 12" square sticky tiles.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Dick

Reply to
Platebanger

probably has asbestose in the tiles . yes emboss level with armstrong s-194 then staple every 4" and then before you install your tile fill all voids in luan with s-194 Ring nails will work, but make sure you counter sink the heads if possible and befor you install the tiles wipe the luan down with a slightly damp rag to remove all dust. If the tiles come loose you can always buy some DS100 duraceramic adhesive the tiles will never come loose again..by the way try not to touch the adhesive side of the tile when removing the backing.

Reply to
Peter Griffin