Repair old tub faucet problems

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/5431978
I hate those type of faucets but its for my MIL's house, an hour plus away. I was able to remove two of the metal handles but the third won't budge even with a puller. I squirted WD40 and tap on it for an hour and than I gave up - should have bought my touch. What do you guys do to remove the handle?
One of the seats won't come out with the seat wrench. Old seat where the square hole could have been mangled by a previous repair attempt (or just too old and crumpled) so the seat wrench wasn't able to grip into it. I'll try a bolt extractor next time. What else would you guys do short of knocking the wall out and replace the whole unit?
I didn't have all the anticipated tools with me, but as it usually goes the tools I needed is the one I didn't bring.

Holy Crap. That link is exactly what I need for the corroded handles and escutcheonescus on showers I have. I didn't know they made those kits. I believe they are even Price Pfister.
Can anyone tell me how to verify what I have is a Price Pfister???

buying parts ahead of time from a picture is an iffy proposition. I usually pull the parts on a Saturday morning, and then hit the local hardware store.
If you do this you can match up the new to the old parts exactly.
--
Roger Shoaf

Yea, especially those stems. When I was in Lowes, over half the remodel pkgs were opened and taped up.
I'll pull a stem, bring it in and match to the samples then take it from there - basically what you do.

Avoid the big box stores for these types of parts.
Find a local hardware store - or better yet, a contractor's supply counter. Many times you'll find these at the back of a kitchen and bath showroom, usually with a separate entrance near the loading docks. Parts and knowledge in one location - Sweet!
Replace "kitchen and bath showroom" with "lighting showroom" and you'll know where to buy your electrical supplies.