Repair of old aluminum windows

I have a home that I am trying to get ready to sell. It has single pane aluminum windows. I have not spent much time with them yet, but there seems to be some plastic parts that are broken, part of the latch and at least one has some sort of spiral thing that might be part of a spring/counterweight.

Any ideas of where to start with these? I really don't want to put a lot of time or money into the home, but I do want the windows working. I don't really want to replace a bunch of windows.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Site or book for information? Are there local people around likely to be able to repair and or supply parts? Will parts be available and where if not local?

Thanks

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

get ready to sell. =EF=BF=BDIt has

these? =EF=BF=BDI really don't want

=EF=BF=BD Site or book for

Local window company may have some parts, although with such old single pane windows you might be out of luck.........

there are people who do pricey on site repairs

Reply to
bob haller

here are some links to check out

Reed

I got parts for my old windows at an aluminum company here in Tulsa. They sell carports and siding and what have you. Don't just check with a siding company, or a carport company. Look for a place that sells just about everything.

Good luck Bill

Reply to
BillGill