Repair mortar in brick patio?

We just had our brick patio power washed. After the guy was done, there were "holes" in the mortar (grout?). I never noticed them before. Maybe they were full of dirt.
Anyway, can that be easily repaired? Can I just go buy some brick mortar and fill in the holes? Or do I need to hire someone who knows how to work with bricks?
--
For email, use snipped-for-privacy@spamex.com

It's not hard to do just tedious, web search "tuck pointing"