repair inside clothes dryer

I have an old stacked Gibson washer/dryer and everything works except the plastic piece that shields the lint screen is totally broken. This piece is more or less part of the drum, i.e., not something I could order and replace very easily. I found a piece of plastic gutter guard that can be cut to shape and glued in to protect the lint screen but I'm not sure what type of glue to use to withstand the heat. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Monica
Should be several high heat glues available such as J.B. Weld, two part epoxies, etc. If not at hardware store, try autoparts
--
hwm54112
On 5 Nov 2005 15:47:42 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com wrote:

I agree with the prev poster. PC-70 is my favorite glue. 2-part. I once patched a leaking pot with it, and then, like an idio, boiled all the water out of the pot on an electric stove. I don't think even that ruined the patch.
I don't understand your description, but I admire your willingness to make your own parts.