Repair foil tape window alarm

Need to repair broken foil on small colonial window pane. Have new foil but need to know if I can use nail polish to attach the new foil to the old.

Can the polish be used to reattach the connector to the glass and what's the best way to get a good connection of old foil to new foil?

TIA Howard

Reply to
Georgette

If it was my project I'd use silver bearing conductive epoxy to join the foil, and contact adhesive to hold it to the glass, but then I'm not an alarm installer. Those folks may use different materials.

Happy New Year,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

how about using automotive rear window defogger repair paint to do the bridge? I would think self adhesive stained glass window copper tape would work for the foil.

Reply to
Jmagerl

Scrape the old tape a little and stick the new tape over it. Prick through the new tape to the old with a pin. test for continuity. If you have continuity nail polish will be fine.

Plan "b" is to scrap the window tape and use a window bug or install motion sensors. I haven't seen window tape used in years.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Plan C. Go to an auto parts store and get some of the conductive tape used to patch defroster grids on car windows. Use acccording to directions.

Reply to
Dick Wells

Thanks to the folks that answered my repair question ....

Appreciate it

Happy New Year

Howard

Reply to