Repaint interior of microwave oven

I always understood that the interior of microwave ovens should not b

repainted. However, I saw this being done at an hotel in Cypru recently. My own oven could do with smartening up - is painting the interio advisable? Regards Tony

-- TonyL

Reply to
TonyL

No problem - you can even buy paint specially for this purpose:

As in all paint jobs, preparation of the surface is key. Make sure it is thoroughly degreased, then scuff it sufficiently so that the new paint gets a good grip.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Maybe. but how do you explain the unpainted stainless steel models like mine? They are no more prone to arcing than the painted ones I've owned.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

OH well, beats me......................., actually didn't know there are unpainted stainless steel ones. Maybe what was under the paint in mine was metal that wasn't designed to be harmless if exposed. ares

Reply to
ares