Removing water stains on popcorn ceiling?

We hired a painter to do our trim outside. First they came to power wash and in doing that, some water apparently seeped up under the eaves and stained the edges of the ceiling in four rooms around the house.
We mentioned it to him and he says he'll fix it. What should we expect? Is there something he can squirt on the stains to get rid of them? Or will he have to paint the ceilings?
It needs to look good as we're getting the house ready to put it on the market.
Thanks much.
Maxi
Email addy upon request.
The "something to squirt" could only be paint. Painting a popcorn ceiling is a recipe for disaster, as it often falls down when it gets moist. Have pity on the guy unless he was negligent in causing the stain. Try some spray paint, and do some test patches and try different shades of white. -B

I have had good results spraying the area with bleach. You must be very careful though. Do not stand under the area while spraying and make sure you move cover all furniture/fabric/carpet. Wear old clothes or white wear eye protection and hold your breath and open all the windows.

i have used bleach or mould killer an the stain seems to dissappear????
try it....nothing to loose except the mark!