Removing water from toilet bowl

I have to remove my toilet to replace the floor. Any suggestions on removing the water from the bowl, or is it not enough to worry about? Just have some old towels ready? Thanks in advance JD
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:18:34 -0400, JD wrote:

The trap is in the bowl, so if you pull/roll it forward (after loosening it by rocking, if need be) you _should_ be able to get away without spilling any water. Dump what's left in the tub. Have a 1" putty knife, or the equivalent, handy to clean the wax off the bowl's "horn" and floor. Old paper towels are a good idea, as is a roll of paper towels. ;-)
--
Keith

There should be a shut off valve where the pipe connects to the toilet. Turn that off then flush the toilet. All of the water in the bowl and in the tank will flush out. Everything should be empty then.

Ray wrote:

shutoff and flush one last time, but you absorb the excess water with an old towel, suck it out with a 99cent turkey baster or something of the like.
posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.
I said I don\'t know and I don\'t care...

Sheesh...
Use a fucking wet /dry shop vac.
Ten seconds of work after the initial setup is all.......
--
SVL

Ray wrote:

little water in it, or if it does, fill a bucket and dump it all in and it will end up with little water. However there could still be a lot of water in the tank because many tanks maintain at least 1-2" of water. You can siphon that out, or just use a towel, let soak, then haul it out and squeeze in a bucket.
JD wrote:

Shop vac, if you have one.

Get a big dog and tell him to drain it.
Oscar_Lives wrote:

Turkey baster. With a hose clamp where the bulb meets the tube. Works for me.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Works even better than beer for you, I'd suspect...
--
SVL