removing toilet?

I would like to replace my toilet,but removing the tank is not too bad,but I'm concerned about getting all the water that's trapped in the bowl,I have to carry it through a carpeted area and my would wife shoot me if got water on the carpet,it seems like you sponge all the water out,but there is always a little left in bowl trap.Thanks for any suggestions.
Try using a shop vac to suck all the water out.

Sponge and a bucket.
On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:35:28 -0500, "Charles Schuler"

Tony Pacc wrote:

(won't be much water left in it). Get all the water out of the tank (towel and wringing it dry, or whatever method you want to use). Remove the the tank. Unbolt the toilet. Take it to the shower/bath tub, hold it and rotate it so that the remaining water runs/drips out the bottom. Put it in a garbage bag and carry it out.
Thus spake Tony Pacc:

Buy a turkey baster (huge eye-dropper thing). After flushing the toilet, suck out what remains into a bucket. Unbolt the base and drain any remaining water into the tub. Bag it and carry it outside.
Don't put the baster where a family member might grab it and put in the kitchen draw for future use. I mark mine with permanent marker "For toilets only!" before I begin the task, which should keep all English-speakers apprised.
Good luck,
--
DaveC
snipped-for-privacy@bogusdomain.net
Tony Pacc wrote:

I'd put "get new wife" at the top of my to do list.
Bigamy ... one wife too many. Monogomy ... same thing :-).
bowgus wrote:

Differences between nagging wife and a toilet seat:
(Originally "Differences between U of Michigan girls and toilet seats," found on a restroom wall at Ohio State)
1. Toilet seats take a lot of shit without complaining. 2. You can get used to the looks of a toilet seat. 3. Holes in toilet seats don't get stretched out. 4. Toilet seats always go down for you. 5. Toilet seats don't get headaches. 6. You can TALK to a toilet seat. 7. Toilet seats seldom come unhinged. 8. Toilet seats are ready when you are. 9. Toilet seats warm up quickly.
(and many others)
Put it in a large heavy duty trash bag.

why are you replacing the toilet? if its a older water waster its likely better than a new toilet?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Not necessarily. My new Toto Drakes easily outperform the various high flush volume toilets they replace. No contest.
As to the original question, after you remove the tank, quickly pour a 5-gallon bucket of water in the bowl. The hard siphon action will remove nearly all the water. Then, either use a sponge, or even better, a shop vac to remove the little that remains.
It's not a bad idea to carry it out with a garbage bag underneath, just in case there are a few drips or in case some old wax ring falls off. You don't want that stuff falling on a carpet!
mike wrote:

Amen to that! Just installed a Toto. Wish I had known about them years ago. That flush is scary!
Harry K
Installed one Toto Drake,I must install one more,greatest flush I ever seen ,except for a Royal flush.

Tony Pacc writes:

Puh-leeze. It's just a glorified coffee mug. Don't let it intimidate you.
Don gloves and eye protection. Apply hammer. Bust it up, pulverize it, and put it in a cardboard box or trash bin. Yes, right in the bathroom.

IMHO:
You got the idea with sponges, but for any remaining water, or moisture, you can get a storage bin that is large enough to hold the bowl. Kinda of big plastic box you used to store Christmas decorations. Just put the bowl inside the plastic box and slide accross the wife senstive carpet.
Just guessing out loud....
tom @ www.FreeWorkAtHomeIdeas.com
Tom The Great wrote:

it? A wc without without a tank attached does not weigh much. I don't have have any trouble carrying one and I am comparatively, small, weak and nearly 68.
some low volume toilets dont flush well when people eat a nice high fibre diet.
other low volume toilets flush great but are noisey, waking others in the middle of the nite isnt a good idea.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I recently installed an elongated right height American Champion in one of my bathrooms because the toilet that it replaced often took two or three flushes to remove everything from the bowl. The AC does on the first try; every time. What it doesn't do particularly well is wash down the sides of the bowl at the same time. But it does empty the bottom of the bowl every time.
The flush is a little startling at first to someone who hasn't experienced it before. And since I live alone, I don't care about the noise.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Cleary a Macho 68 year-old. :p
tom
what if it's just a plastic or wooden item or toy stuck in the built-in trap causing a poor flush? after you wet vac out the water and remove the base bolts, set on old towels in the tub. run a snake with an old towel attached to the end of the snake thru the trap all the way in each direction. otherwise: www.fluidmaster.com