Removing Strip of Rust from Storm Door

We have a small strip of rust along the kick plate area of our outside storm door. It's one of those white full view doors where you switch between a screen and glass. Anyone have a good method of removing this rust?

Reply to
Jeffy3

Scruffy pad or fine grit sandpaper, prime, and paint. Get rid of ALL the brown, and use rust convertor before painting. Use appropriate paints for whatever the door is made of, and use quality stuff. A lot easier with door on sawhorses, if there is an easy way to pull it w/o demounting the frame. If factory finish is failing already, you may want to consider covering with a shiny kickplate with 'no tarnish' finish. Make sure you install in a way that won't allow water to build up behind, or eventually plate will fall off and leave a square hole, like when the trim falls off an old pickup truck.

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers