Removing storm window caulking

Just had all new window inserts put in. The old windows were covered by aluminum storms and sealed in with caulking (sil.) The old windows were surrounded by aluminum flashing, which looks great and did not suffer any damage from the rennovation. Is there any wasy to remove the old caulking from the flashing so I can paint over or am I better off time wise just casing over it with rough pine. Scraping off the caulking is not doing the trick.
ty
Just had all new window inserts put in. The old windows were covered by aluminum storms and sealed in with caulking (sil.) The old windows were surrounded by aluminum flashing, which looks great and did not suffer any damage from the rennovation. Is there any wasy to remove the old caulking from the flashing so I can paint over or am I better off time wise just casing over it with rough pine. Scraping off the caulking is not doing the trick.
ty
On 27 Aug 2005 06:08:23 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca wrote:

before scraping. Worked well.
MisterSkippy wrote:

I haven't tried it yet, but for silicon caulking, I was told by some shower installers that a good way to remove it is to slit it with a razor blade then spray WD-40 on it and it will loosen up. If you try it, please report back results because I want to know!