Removing stickers from the floor

When my brother removes stickers from tomatoes, apples or other food items, he drops them on the floor where they stick. These stickers are VERY difficult to remove.
Our floor is a sheet goods floor with a polyurethane wear layer. Is there an easy way to remove these stickers? Is there a chemical that will soften the glue on the stickers? Would heating the floor with a hair dryer be safe and effective? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Solution 1: remove the brother.
solution two:Use alcohol, to soften things, and a piece of plastic(pvc etc) to scrape the soaked sticker off.
solution 3:same. but use glass cleaning spray, if might soak better. solution 4:same, but use one of those plastic cleaning pads.

Throw your idiot brother out.
A plastic paint scraper will get the labels off, after you've gotten rid of the idiot brother.

<stuff snipped>
Whatever solvent you choose, try it out on a spot that won't stick out like a sore thumb if it turns out it eats the finish.
-- Bobby G.
make brother remove stickers and clan kitchen every time he leaves a sticker

Naptha will disssokve almost any glue, but use sparingly until you are sure it doesn't affect your flooring. Throw your brother out.
Daniel Prince wrote:

Heat will usually work. We use a heat gun to remove stickers on boxes of incoming stuff so we can re-use the box for outgoing stuff.
Many bookstores use rubber cement thinner to remove stickers without harming the books.
As an aside, you may be trying to solve the wrong problem.

Liquid cooking oil.