Removing stickers from cabinet

Page 1 of 2
I need to remove the stickers from the face of a display cabinet I bought. When I pel it, it tears and leaves the adhesive on the cabinet.
Anyone know of a safe way to remove this?
(Sorry if this comes up as a repost. My computer was acting goofy and I wasn't sure if my previous attempts went through, so Iam posting from a different computer)
Yeah...I use a razorblade with a holder to take off stickers. Havn't scratched anything yet...works great on glass...

If this leaves gummy stuff, use orange cleaner for that. Not sure every brand is as good as another, at least after 8 years.

GOO GONE is the product that takes this glue off. I found it in the hardware store.
--

BetsyB

"mm" < snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
On Mon, 14 May 2007 10:47:36 -0400, "betsyb"

yeech..the stuff smells horrible and stinks up the whole house.

You're talking about glass, right? Nail polish remover. Make sure you don't get it on other surfaces, for obvious reasons.
nancy

Dab of vegetable oil using finger tip, let soak the paper and wipe off. -- Oren
this newsgroup with:

I've found that lighter fluid (like Ronson or Zippo), works very well in removing the gum/paper left over when peeling off items from wood, glass and plastic.
Neither my wife or I are smokers but we always keep a bottle of it handy for just that purpose.
*Whatever* you do, DON'T use Goof-off. That stuff *stinks* and no matter how hard you try, you have a devil of a time getting rid of the small.
Lighter fluid has a mild odor that dissipates almost immediately.

Vegetable oil and soak the label. Wipe off. -- Oren

Don't forget WD-40
About time someone mentioned the old WD. Peel the label. Soak what's left. Scrub the oil soaked remnant with finger nails, or nylon scrubby pad.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

lighter fluid doesn't require soaking or scrubbing. Squirt, wipe off, done.
Lights easier, too. Look, ma, no sticker! Look, ma, no hair!
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
On Sun, 13 May 2007 19:37:52 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

WD-40. Let it soak for a minute or two and it will slide off like a wet stamp. WD-40 is something that is always useful to have around the house. Lighter-fluid, naptha, acetone, etc. is something you have to buy for just your one job. I wouldn't have any of these highly infammable fluids around the house. They also don't store well - will evaporate with time.

And vegetable oil :-))
-- Oren

charcoal grill lighter fluid also works. Good as an automotive bug and tar remover,too.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

ah..good idea..probably about the same as lighter fluid. thanks.
graced this

Cheaper than lighter fluid.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

goof off or goo gone both work well and dont tend to attack the base surface available at home depot
newsgroup with:

good point.