Removing Stain on Carpet.

A carpet in a house that I bought has round orange stains at the bottom of where table legs sat on a plush off-white colored carpet. I am assuming the carpet was cleaned and nothing was placed under the legs, which were cherry colored. I have tried a rug stain removal product and a 91% alcohol solution and neither had any effect at all. Does anyone have any ideas as to how or whether I can remove the stain?
Thanks,
MD
Try this site. It may help. http://www.fabriclink.com/Carpet/Carpetstain.html
Charlie

Believe it or not, WD40 claim this use too!