Removing slight rises in concrete floor?

I'm getting ready to lay a laminate floor in my basement. The floor is smooth enough, except for two places.
In one place, there was a 2'x4' when the floor was poured. This created a raised area and a lip, as well as a depression where the 2'x4' was. I have no problem filling the depression, but I can't figure out how to remove the "hump" around it. I've tried a chisel and large hammer with little results.
The second is simply a small hump in the concrete. Unfortunately, it comes up enough to interfere with the flooring, so I need to smooth it out.
Anyone have any ideas how I could do this?
Thanks!

chip grind, basically remove and use floor leveling compound to level floor.
use caution if the floor EVER has water troubles, espically if coincrete floor is below grade.
you must fix ny and all water troubles before making things nice with laminate
Calab wrote:

Rent a concrete grinder. It looks like a floor polisher.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
Reno wrote:

I got an air hammer - with 5 bits - at HF. Cost, oh, about $7.00. It made really short work of removing carpet tack strips! Then I used my $20 HF angle grinder to cut off the remaining nails.
Ain't power tools grand?

How large a hammer? Get a BFH ! These work fine near the edge of concrete
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Masons_hammer.jpg
These work fine anywhere on unreinforced concrete http://www.gp.lib.mi.us/information/about/t_sledgehammer.htm
or
Rent a small electric jackhammer.
http://www.reddyrents.com/jackhammer4g.JPG
Calab wrote:

Additional helpful hints:
1. Get a laminate floor ratchet clamp. No matter how much you beat on those suckers (with a rubber hammer), there'll still be some that don't snap together. Here's one:
http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=laminate+strap
2. If you don't have a table saw, HD has a Ryobi for about $99. There will be some tiles you'll have to rip - plus cut-offs. I did one room using a miter saw for the cut-offs (cut - flip - cut), then said "Screw this!" and bought the cheap table saw. Worked swell.
You will be more than pleased with your new floor.

Use an angle grinder. It makes a lot of dust but works fast. You know how to fill the depression.
This works great for leveling concrete around toilet flanges so the pot doesn't rock.
--Andy Asberry-- ------Texas-----