removing rust

Page 2 of 2
On 9/28/14, 7:23 AM, dadiOH wrote:

I wonder why the bath wasn't blue. Maybe there was very little copper in it at any time, or maybe it was in some form besides CU++ ions.
I imagine the bubbles were both hydrogen and oxygen. Otherwise, oxidized metal would have accumulated.

Perhaps it would be if there were more? If a copper compound it could be blue or green, Copper when burned can produce a flame that is green (usual), blue, red or colorless depending upon temperature and whether the flame is anoxidizing or reducing one.
--

dadiOH
On 9/29/14, 6:09 AM, dadiOH wrote:
> [...]
I wonder if my copper-plated screw is now rustproof.
wrote in message

??? You just did. Separate times for copper and steel is no different than the two simultaneously.

Yes until the exceedingly thin layer of copper is breached.
--

dadiOH