Removing power cord from Amana refrigerator door????

I need to replace the door closers on my amana fridge (side by side doors). To do this on the right door, I need to be able to disconnect the power cord where it enters the door so I can weave the cord through the new plastic closer. The problem I am having is that it doesn't appear that the wire disconnects at this point but I know it must somehow...any comments from appliance aces would be much appreciated...Thanks
Mike Salazar
Wire cutters. Then use tapcons to spluce.
Mike Salazar wrote in message ...

I don't know which Amana model you have but I've never seen the wires disconnect *at the door*. They are usually solid from the door and connect somewhere on the fridge cabinet. But when in doubt, check the owner's manual for how to remove the doors for delivery.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Amana+fridge
=~~~~~~