Removing Paint Runs

Hello. I just painted out bathroom cabinents with a semi gloss paint. They were white oak and looking bad but they took the paint really nice and look very good. In a couple of spots I put the paint on too heavy and there are a few runs. What is the best way to remove those runs? I was thinking of waiting until the paint was 100 percent dry and then using a fine grit sandpaper to sand them out and then repainting. Is that the way to do it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Tom

Reply to
Cobalt1254

Like you said, wait until absolutely dry and then sand them and touch up if necessary.

Reply to
Art

I would use a new razor blade scraper to shave them off when the paint is cured. Then sand and put one thin coat on the panel that has the globbies.

Helps when painting vertical surface to brush paint on across the grain to cover and then run the brush down straight and lightly, top to bottom. It also helps to keep a small foam brush with mineral spirits to touch those little drips or pick out a dust particle that shows.

Reply to
Norminn

Yes. When painting cabinet doors, remove the door, place it flat, then paint--no runs.

Reply to
Phisherman