Removing Paint

I'm looking for advice / tips on ways to remove paint from trim and doors. The paint has not bonded properly to the original paint. I don't know whether it is due to latex over oil or that the semi-gloss original was not sanded or primed or all of the above....
Is scraping my only option? Since it's trim and doors there are lots of grooves and angles to deal with...
thanks
http://www2.cr.nps.gov/tps/briefs/brief10.htm

<< I'm looking for advice / tips on ways to remove paint from trim and doors.

Welcome to the most miserable and time consuming home repair DIY area. But on to some tips: 1) Buy a good heat gun, like the Bosch or Master Appliance. If the prices area bit rich for your budget, look on eBay and Amazon.com. 2) Use the heat to skin off the most of the heavy finish. 3) Follow up with a liquid paint remover. Some work better than others for a particular situation. Experiment by buying a small can of each of the several varieties at the store. Buy a larger can of the best one to continue your work. Follow directions, ventilate, etc. etc. 4) Remove the last of the debris with rags and lacquer thinner. You can often get free lacquer thinner from body shops that recycle and reuse it until most of the low flash point solvent is gone, but that doesn't hurt the clean up efficiency for paint residue at all. 5) Check out prices at furniture stripping shops. You may find that the time you save could be worth the price. HTH
Joe