Removing old tile from CONCRETE

We ended up hiring some Bulgarian guy (recommended to us) to do the work. The amount was $500, labor only. Since the work involves removing about 12-15 sq ft of tile from concrete, he said that we'd need a tool to remove it which he does not have. I think that he means a power chisel. Since I have a relatively bad ass 80 gallon compressor
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/CurtisCompressor /
I would, therefore, prefer to buy an air hammer/chisel. We'll need to buy one tomorrow, so it is either Harbor Freight store or Home depot. Which tool would you recommend for removing tile stuck to concrete?
thanks
Ignoramus6767 wrote:

Heck if the existing tile is flat, tile right over the old. Harbor Frieght has cheap china tools but it should last long enough to remove 15 sq.ft. of tile from concrete.
Rich
--
*Remove "nospam" to email
"You can lead them to LINUX
Ignoramus6767 wrote:

This clown sounds like he ought to be put back on the boat... And you with him. 12-15 sq.ft.. what a joke.
G Henslee wrote: This clown sounds like he ought to be put back on the boat... And you with him. 12-15 sq.ft.. what a joke.
Absolutely right. Thank you. Tom
Ignoramus6767 wrote:

You are paying him a minimum of $33.33 per square foot just to lay tile? *AND* buying a tool "he doesn't have"? Have you always been a sucker? ____________

For that little bit, a plain old hand hammer and scraper/chisel. Maybe your Bulgarian already has those.
dadiOH wrote:
You chose your nym appropriately.

The total area is approximately 70-80 square feet, of which about 12-15 square feet is tile on concrete.

I bought an "air hammer" from walmart, and it seems to do the job rather well.
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 03:12:53 GMT, Ignoramus6767

I hope so. You should have had that job done quicker than it took you to sign on and type your reply below.
On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:56:44 GMT, Ignoramus20427