Removing old gutter sealant.

A heat gun should soften the old stuff but I wonder what I could use to remove it?
I have a number of leaks at joints that I have tried to fix but there is so much old sealant already there that applying more just doesn't work.
Any suggestions?
John
John wrote:

A wire brush drill attachment:
http://images50.fotki.com/v1559/photos/2/1556642/7881390/SubFrameDIY046-vi.jpg
Or maybe a smaller one for a Dremel tool (if you have one).
Other than a sharp putty knife, you might want to try gasoline or laquer thinner.
I have my doubts about the heat-gun. You might also look at a plumbers torch.
I really don't know how these silicone or latex sealants react to extreme heat.

Great advice, try gasoline or lacquer thinner, then use a plumbers torch. LMAO! Idiot!
KB wrote:

Where did I say to use extreme heat IN CONJUNCTION WITH using a volatile liquid?
Nice try you lame shit head. The egg is on your face, not mine.

I don't blame you for wanting to blame someone else for what you wrote. From looking at your replies in this forum, you're pretty much clueless about everything.
You're a moron, & I'm starting to feel sorry for you.
Don't you love it when idiots troll you....
Did you find an effective solution?

If you enjoy wasting your time with poor results, just keep trying to repair your old gutters. People with a need for effective solutions would immediately replace the old gutters with new...faster, and much longer lasting. Talk to a pro that does seamless gutters. The field is very competitive most places and prices are correspondingly reasonable. End result will look better on your house, too.
Joe