Removing Mold Than Paneling

I am having mold removed in my cellar. My repairman suggest I then put up paneling over the area.

I wonder if this is a good idea . Is it possible that the mold problem would reoccur under the paneling?

Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Reply to
nomad8

If you have mold now , paneling will retain the moisture, eventualy ruining the paneling. You need to first stop the moisture problem. This is why many basements cannot be finished.

Reply to
mark Ransley

The first step is to get a new "repairman."

Reply to
Brad

Right , new repairman, Im sure He wants the panel job. Sounds like a hack. talks like a hack, Well, he must be a hack.

Reply to
mark Ransley

I hope your repairman is killing the mold with bleach first, or it will return quickly.

Reply to
mark Ransley

Killing it with bleach is useless if you don't cut off the water source.

Reply to
Brad

True I just thought he might be just washing it down with soap, since he recomended paneling.

Reply to
mark Ransley

Find someone that knows what in hell he is doing. Seriously. This guy you have now is clueless.

NO.

Oh but yes.

Ok..repeat ofter me...you are fired, you are fired...then, walk up to your repairman, and repeat.

Mold is getting to be a serious issue. Many claim to be able to fix, and few do. Find someone that knows what he is doing.

Mold needs: Absence of light Food Water.

Paneling is food, paneling will keep light from reaching areas that have mold already, and that leaves you still with a water issue....are all three being adressed or not?

Reply to
CBHvac