Removing Liquid Nails from an aggragate patio

Sigh, it never ends - does it?

When we moved into our new house, there were two 'things' on the patio, made from D-shaped landscaping blocks from Lowes. One was a cylinder-shaped thing filled w/ dirt and plants, the other was oval w/ a goldfish pond in it. Neither were appealing to us so I removed them. Well, not only were the blocks glued together (with Liquid Nails), but they glued the bottom row to the aggragate (pea gravel) patio!!!! I had to pry the blocks free w/ a wrecking bar and now I have blobs of glue remaining.

Before I start picking it out w/ a screw driver, is there any easy way to remove or dissolve Scott's Liquid Nails? Some solvent or something to soften it up? I was thinking of freezing it with upside down cans of dusting air, then chipping it out, but that would take many many cans. I've used this technique to remove adhesive-backed stuff before.

Here are a couple pictures shot from the deck so you can see what I mean:

any suggestions? thanks, steve

Reply to
Steve Kulpa

Try Acetone or this stuff:

RayV

Gee, Liquid Nails Remover!!!

Thanks Ray, have you yourself tried it?

steve

RayV wrote:

Steve Kulpa

Wow, that stuff looks pretty cool. I never knew something like this existed. Last time I had to remove Liquid Nails I just chipped off as much as possible. Since it was holding a mirror on drywall I then remudded over the whole area and floated it all level. But this remover stuff looks promising.

Mike

Reply to
mikeytag

I just ordered some, so we'll see!

steve

mikeytag wrote:

Reply to
Steve Kulpa

I'm really curious, could you come back to the newsgroup and report how well it worked? This kind of a remover could come in handy in numerous situations if it is effective. My arms get tired from chipping anyway. :)

Mike

Reply to
mikeytag

yes, I will