Removing latex paint from a metal kitchen sink

Hi All,
We've been doing some painting around here, and it's well below freezing outside. When we had to clean brushes, we didn't have much of a choice except to use the kitchen sink. We tried to wash everything down while it was still wet, but (as you can imagine) we've now got some areas where the paint dried.
Any thoughts on how we could remove it? It's a regular metal basin kitchen sink. I've tried the oil paint thinner we have and that didn't do the trick.
-Josh
Lacquer thinner, goof off, acetone, paint remover all will work. A 3M Scotch brite will make it go faster and may work without any chemistry.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

yeah, stainless sinks are a bear! they are really poreous to paint
try some ajax, a little elbow grease
the goof off stuff works pretty good. since it's a metal sink, then a small can of stripper should get all of it out.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

pads would take it off, but scratch stainless. Paint remover, of course, will also take it off.
Alcohol acts as a thinner for polymer-based (acrylic latex) paints. I use rubbing alcohol all the time to clean up dried acrylic paint. Depends on the surface of course. Alcohol will damage some finishes, but a stainless sink will be ok.