removing ink

what is a good way to remove ink from a carpet using what
steve wrote:

Try Oxy-Clean.
areosol hairspray
Use the cheapest worst kind you can find. This has worked for me with fountain pens leaking on dress shirts. The hairspray sticks to the ink and washes out. Learn the trick from a chemist my father know when he worked for Scripto.
Bernie

steve wrote:

" steve wrote:

Ask on alt.collecting.pens-pencils or do a Google search on that group. There is a commercial product that works very well on ink, but the name escapes me right now.