Removing hardboard siding and installing vinyl

I live in MA and have a 34x24 12 year old colonial. The hardboard siding on the house is starting to fail. I want to have all of the siding removed and then have the house vinyl sided.
Could someone give me a guesstimate on having the house vinyl sided. Also, any idea how much it might cost to have the hardboard siding removed. I do not want the vinyl installed over the hardboard.
Thanks