Removing Gum on Dryer Drum

One of my daughter-units enjoys chewing gum. She's not very diligent in removing packs from her pockets and often send a packet (or stick) through the washer. This time, she managed to run it through the dryer, too. High heat and a "fresh" stick of cinnamon have combined to thoroughly coat the inside of my dryer's drum. Is there a way of removing the residue without involving a petroleum product?

The "1 Step forward, 2 back" Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

Goo Gone. Orange scented, works well. Found in the "little bottles of weird cleaners" section of the grocery store, or at a hardware store. While there, be sure to pick up something for you to snack on while you kick back and watch the daughter unit clean up the mess. Naturally, you'll unplug the dryer during this process.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Way ahead of you. As soon as I posted my request, I remembered the lone bottle sitting on the shelf in my garage and thought, "Hey! There ya go!"

Will simply running a towel through a couple loads remove the "orange" scent? Or will it eventually evaporate?

I'm thinking that smelling like oranges for a week isn't something I'm looking forward to...

Abso-frickin'-lutely!

"...But it's not my fault!"

"But it is..." has finally stuck better than the melted gum.

Naturally. How can she learn anything if I kill her?

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

I'd wipe out the drum with a rag thoroughly soaked in rubbing alcohol. Then, repeat. Tell her to try not to let the cleaner get into the dryer holes, for reasons she will argue with and you'll have to slap her harder. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

- Naturally. How can she learn anything if I kill her?

-

- The Ranger

Well, she could learn something *before* you kill her, but it would be a hollow victory.

Reply to
DerbyDad03