Removing grease stains from shingles?????

My daughter's kitchen window over looks the shingled roof of her patio. She set a container of chicken fat on the window sill to cool it to a solid state to be discarded. It spilled and ran down the roof, staining the shingles. Is there anyway to remove the stain??
Wow. You could try scraping it off and using some sort of degreaser and a scrub brush, but that might make more of a mess. I would bet theres a mark there for a long time.
DAWN dishwasher detergent is an excellent degreaser

Put the cat out there....
I wouldn't be scrubbing and scraping if those are grit covered shingles - wood shkes would be OK though. Instead, use very hot tap water (not boiling) and a strong solution of degreaser such as Dawn (do not use an engine degrease because it will likelyu damage the asphalt base of the shingles). Allow it a little time to work withoug allowing it to dry and then rinse with plent of clean, warm water. Allow to dry and see if you need to repeat.

Call the manufacturer if you know who it is. Might also be worth a try asking some roofing contractors in the area. As others said, don't scrub hard and don't use petroleum based products like mineral spirits. Repeated applications of lots of hot water and dish soap or laundry detergent might do it. Oxygen bleach and deck cleaner are used to remove algae on asphalt shingles, might work on grease. If you can find an inconspicuous spot to test it (I don't know if it will mar shingles), try oven cleaner, spray on and rinse off with water.
--
Luke