Removing flooring nails

The gymnasium in the local high school was damaged by water and had to be totally replaced. I was able to salvage about 2,000 square feet of undamaged hardwood maple flooring–less than a year old. The flooring contractor was happy to give me the wood as long as I didn't affect his schedule. I was pulling boards up at for days trying to grab them before they went into the dumpster. The flooring still has the flooring nails attached. I accept that I am going to spend a lot of time removing them. However, if anyone has any suggestions that might make the job any more efficient I would appreciate their input. I have tested using channel-lock cutting pliers and a pair of tiny bolt cutters I found at Lowes. They both work (the cutting pliers cut closer, but the bolt cutters cut more easily) Would you recommend grinding the nails off? I was also looking at a Roto Zip rz20 in my Tool Crib catalog. It's got a grinding wheel and I was thinking it might be a little lighter and easier to control than a grinder. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Matt Sylvester
Add pictures here
✖
Matt: CL> before they went into the dumpster. The flooring still has the CL> flooring nails attached. I accept that I am going to spend a lot of CL> time removing them. However, if anyone has any suggestions that might CL> make the job any more efficient I would appreciate their input. I have Perhaps make up some sort of a support jig with a hole through it for the nails? Put the trash can underneath to collect the nails as you pound them out from the pointy-end. Be sure to use support the floor boards at the nail site with a broad, smooth surface so (1) no to scratch your boards and (2) when you hit the nail's pointy end with the hammer you don't emboss the board with the support surface.
)) hammer ======Û
floor board xxxxxxxxx|xxx|xxx|xxx|xxxxxxxxx ------ --- -- / \ / \
- ¯ barry.martinşATşthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®
* Punny Books: "All Alone" By Saul E. Terry
--
ş RoseReader 2.52á P003186
ş The Safe BBS ş Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

✖

I don't follow the operation. Could you explain in more detail, please?
TB
Add pictures here
✖