Removing Faucet Handle ?

Hi,

I have a compression-type faucet, which leaks at the spout.

To start, I removed the hot water faucet, but the cold water faucet won't budge. It will turn on the cold water, but I can't take the faucet off.

Someone suggested a Faucet Handle pull. I tried this without results.

Does anyone know what else I can do? I need to have both faucets removed before I can take out the base.

Robert11

If you're not going to reuse the faucet set, then just try heating that obstinate handle with a propane torch and wiggling/pulling on it with a potholder or oven mitt. Stand by with a can of cold water to splash onto and cool down the stem area as soon as the handle come off.

There's a good chance the handle will come off without ruining the faucet beyond maybe needing some new packing and a seal washer.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Are you sure that you have to take out the base, or either faucet? I wouldn't think so. Let us know what happens.

mm