Removing dishwasher when Laminate Flooring runs right up to it

Page 2 of 2

Mikepier wrote:

Hi, Men walking all over the new floor doing their work. Installing cabinets, what not. Think about it.

Umm, that's why most of us use tile or other mineral instead of laminate. Again, laminate in a KITCHEN????
Personally, I use tile, etc. in kitchens, baths, fireplace hearths, and entry ways, with hardwood (not laminate) everywhere else. Weenies are feel free to put down throw rugs, but I hate carpet. If it can't go in the washing machine (small bath mats) then I don't want it on my floor. I like to be able to actually wash/clean my house.

You don't get out much, do you?

PLONK!

LOL!!! Doesn't even get out much on Usenet. Here's a hint, it's a big World, and not everyone is going to have the same taste as you. Get used to it, or Plonk away. Pretty soon, you'll wonder why you're the only one on Usenet.
Alex wrote:

    How thick is your laminate flooring? As others have said, if it is not much you can adjust the legs on the dishwasher to allow it to clear the opening.

As long as they used sealant around perimeter to eliminate water intrusion, you can rest easy. Getting the dishwasher to come out should be a non-issue. You should not be able to tell where the laminate stops, without sliding the front toe panel of the dishwasher.
Alex wrote:

My flooring is the same (bought it this way) - laminate in the kitchen would not my first choice if I were to redo the floors. I replaced the dishwasher and as others pointed out I just had to lower the legs and lift it over the edge. I shimmed up the floor under the counter with wood the same thickness and slid the new dishwasher in.

Yeah, a scrap of the correct thickness plywood will allow future sliding without any problems.
Thanks for all the great replies, and it definitely makes since how it works now. I have replaced a dish washer in the past, but it just slid in where the old one was with no adjustments needed, but then again that was with a vinyl floor that was very thin.
Take care --
Sam