Removing Dishwasher

Hello,

I'm trying to remove the dishwasher from the kitchen in my townhouse and am not sure how to go about it. First of all, when you open the dishwasher up, there are two screws on the inside top that screw the top front of the dishwaser to the kitchen counter. Removing these two screws loosens the dishwasher quite a bit, and I can "wiggle" it out about 1/3 of the way from the counter, but it appears that there is something "catching" it to prevent it from coming out all the way. When I look to the left side I see a clear "hose" that gets "tight" right about the time I can no longer pull the dishwasher out any further, so this is probably a water in or out hose that is preventing the dishwasher from coming out all the way (unless there are some other catches as well). I don't seem to have enough room to access the connection points to this hose, so I'm wondering how they installed the dishwasher in the first place. Could it be that they put the dishwasher in place before they built the kitchen counter? Don't tell me that I'm going to need to take my whole kitchen counter apart in order to replace this dishwasher?

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks samadams snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca

Reply to
samadams_2006

The water supply hose and the drain hose are usually attached under the kitchen sink. You can disconnect them there. There is also an electrical cable hardwired into the dishwasher, but that should have suffircient slack. Look at the bottom of the dishwasher and see if the legs are getting hung up. The bottom panel can usually be removed. The legs can be shortened by turning them

Reply to
Mikepier

If you havn't done so you should remove the front pannel on the bottom front. You should be able to disconnect the hoses and elec from under the dishwasher.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

BE CERTAIN TO TURN OFF WATER AND ELECTRIC BEFORE PROCEEDING.

SHOCK AND FLOOD HAZARDS EXIST!

Reply to
hallerb

Shut off the water and the power first.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I am on my 3rd (or is it the 4th) DW. Every one of them had the connections access through the bottom panel. You have to examine it as the screws holding it on can be a various spots. Once off you should have plent of room to disconnect both the hoses and the electrical wires.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K