Removing coving under cabinets for new Pergo floor

Hi one again, next week we're having a Pergo floor installed in our kitchen/bath/utility/pantry. We're leaving the existing vinyl in place, they say the Pergo can go right over the top of it. But I have to cut away the coving in the bath & utility and under the kitchen cabinets. I'm wondering what I should do to finish the 3-1/2" or so of wood that's between the bottom of the cabinets and the floor. It's covered with old glue. Should I try to scrape all that off, then paint to match the baseboard? Fortunately, we're painting the baseboard rather than staining, so I don't have to get a nice wood grain back, just a paintable surface. Or, should I get some trim and just cover it up?
TIA, Doug
On Fri, 7 May 2004 08:18:16 -0700, "Doug Lowe"

Cove base, or some sort of baseboard molding.
I'm surprised whoever estimated your job didn't mention this.
Barry

they
Fortunately,
Go to the big box store and buy some coving to replace what you have. You may need to rip it for height after the install. Might look ok if you painted it. Hard to see the colors from here. I sure would not have hired someone who is going to do 1/2 the job. I am not able to get down on my knees and do that sort of thing any more.