Removing corkboard tiles from a wall

I'm in removing corkboard tiles from a plaster wall. Removing the tiles has been difficult--they were nailed plus glued to the walls-- but now I'm at the worst point, trying to remove residual bits of tile and the glue. I've been scraping the wall, but it's taking forever. (The wall is about 12 feet long by 8 feet high.)
Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there solvents that would do the job more quickly?
Had this problem, found that a steam wallpaper stripper worked well.
--
Marcus

I like people, they are bio-degradable !.