removing concrete board

I have a small foyer with exposed concrete board. the previous owner had left it exposed, and apparently had a litter box there, so the concrete board now smells of cat urine.
My question is how to remove the concrete board. (It's been mortared into place.)
thanks, Homi
gd226 wrote:

Over a slab? Shouldn't have even been used for that application. Use a flat bar. Over a wood subfloor? With nails or screws too? Screws you may be able ot back out. Nails you can pull. Again a flat bar.
Won't be an easy chore either way.
It looks like over a slab, but I haven't really begun to chip at it yet.
if it is a slab, will the cat urine odor have affected that too?
gd226 wrote:

I wouldn't trust it thinsetted down to the slab. It's not designed for that application. It may fail, and sadly -after- you have the finish flooring installed over it.
There may some affect to the slab but I doubt it's much. Clean it with bleach or other products made for the issue.
If I understand correctly, this board was set in morter horizontally on a concrete slab? Either way, I'd go at it with a chisel and hammer. Cheers, cc