Removing cement shower base -- any tips?

I'm remodeling a shower with a tiled cement base -- including removal of that base. It's approx. 32" x 30" x 2" (thinner in the middle where the drain is). How much would it weigh? Is it better to try to remove it in one piece? Is that likely to leave the membrane intact? -- not that it should be needed under a one-piece base, but it wouldn't hurt to use it anyway if its still OK.
Perce

Figure 150 lbs per cubic foot. There's little point in trying to save the membrane, so there's little reason in attempting to remove the mortar base in one piece. I'd use something like Redgard on the plywood if you're concerned about waterproofing - belt and suspenders, though.