Removing carpet from under a drywall!

Hi,

I'm currently removing the carpet from my living room in order to replace it with hardwood. I just realized that one of the walls in my living room is a drywall that seems to have been built on top of the carpet. So there are no tack strips across that wall and I'm just having to cut the carpet as close to the wall as possible. Secondly, the one tackstrip on the wall perpendicular to this drywall goes under this drywall to the next room. So I guess I'm going to have to cut the tack strip in the middle?

I'm a little worried about the little bit of carpet that's still stuck to the wall. Not sure how to get a nice clean cut. Any advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Seema

Reply to
seemapai

I would remove the skirting board and cut the carpet with a razor knife or carpet cutter if you can borrow one . That gives you some extra room to hide the cut edge if its a little ragged.

Reply to
marks542004

You worry too much. Just cut the carpet with a utility knife. You can use the same knife to cut the tack strip. The hardwood and trip work will hide any gap.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan