removing basement tile/outdoor carpet

Any suggestions on removing basement tiles and the underlying adhesive? I have removed several (came up in one piece) to find black material on the concrete floor. Suggestions or products to remove this?

Also, as long as we're removing, I have green outdoor carpet on the front porch, laid (glued?) onto concrete. Suggestions for product to remove the glue?

Reply to
Dan Shulman